Having been passed the baton by both Nathan and Jon, I suppose I ought to participate in the meme of the moment. I have my suspicions that it’s designed to see who has the nicely list styles. Be prepared to be underwhelmed …
Four jobs I’ve had in my life
We’ll, I’ve pretty much been doing this all my life, but here’s a few non-web related things
- Sales assistant at River Island (Saturday mornings!)
- Assistant Groundsman for a private school (during my school holidays)
- Sound Engineer
- Jazz Musician
Four movies I can watch over and over
A tough one. There were loads of films I used to watch over and over as a child, but then you do at that age. I’m not 100% confident in my selection here, so don’t quote me.
- The Shawshank Redemption (IMDB)
- The original Alfie (IMDB)
- American Beauty (IMDB)
- The Fifth Element (IMDB) – a popular choice, it seems. Multipass!
Four places I have lived
Four places? Are you kidding? Who has time to move around? There’s work to be done!
- Maidenhead, UK.
- Erm… there is no #2.
Four TV shows I love to watch
I don’t watch a huge amount of television, but there’s a few things that float my boat for one reason or another.
- Later with Jools Holland (BBC)
- Top Gear (BBC) – I’m not really a car buff, but this is hugely entertaining
- Time Team (Channel 4)
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition – for purging my brain of code before bed!
Four places I have been on vacation
I’ve only ever strayed off this green and pleasant isle once, and that was in 1993. Come March, however, I’ll be braving the aeroplane business and heading to Austin, TX. Eeek.
- Devon, England (almost every holiday as a child – we had a house there)
- The Lake District, England
- Somewhere in the South of France with Mo
Four of my favourite dishes
Oh yum. I do like my food. When we eat out, we tend to favour Indian and Chinese places, but to be frank, as long as it’s not seafood I’m not too fussy!
- Good old steak and chips, ideally with a peppercorn sauce.
- Something like a chicken shashlik
- Chinese beef with chilli and ginger
- Coffee, toast and marmalade
Four websites I visit daily
Most daily things I get through my aggregator, so I don’t visit nearly as many sites daily as I used to, but there are exceptions, of course.
Four places I would rather be right now
Well right now it’s literally the crack of dawn. It’s freezing outside and the birds are all singing. No one else is up yet. Holiday places come to mind – there’s something magical about this time of day.
- Back in bed – I’ve been up since 5am!
- Somewhere up in The Lakes
- In a hotel with a nice breakfast
- Outside, mostly. But brrrr! It’s cold!
Four bloggers I am tagging
I’m not. I ask too many favours already.